Groups

 


In the Initial Steps Day Treatment Program, 70% of the learners day is spent in Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT) while the remaining 30% of the learners day is spent in groups. Groups are an important part of the learning process as this gives the student opportunities for generalizing the skill learned in DTT to a more natural setting. Groups also afford the student with opportunities for socialization with same aged children and opportunities for following group instruction (which is required at school and is a goal for our students). The groups offered at the Knapp Center Initial Steps Day Treatment Program include lunch, e-learning, art, gym, circle time, and end of the day reinforcement time / play group.