Welcome to the Knapp Center for Childhood Development
The Knapp Center for Childhood Development, LLC utilizes evidenced based assessment and treatment interventions to promote optimal functioning and to improve the quality of life for children with neurodevelopmental disorders and their families. The Knapp Center is dedicated to helping parents bring out the potential in their child by understanding their strengths, challenges, behavioral and learning differences and helping to create educational and therapeutic plans to maximize their development.
The Knapp Center for Childhood Development offers specialized assessment and treatment services for children who present with:
- Delays in development
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Disruptive behaviors
- Learning disabilities
- Anxiety disorders
- ...and more
The Knapp Center services children age infancy through young adult years. We are located in Boardman, OH (Mahoning County, near Youngstown). We provide services to children and families residing in Eastern OH and Western PA.
Services offered include psychological evaluations, a variety of treatment programs and parent training. Please see our Treatment page for a description of our services including:
- Social skills treatment for children with autism
- In-home ABA services for children with autism
- Individual therapy for children with autism
- Group therapy for parents raising children with autism
- Treatment consult services
Please see our Evaluation page for a description of our evaluations including:
- Independent Education Evaluations
- Initial Diagnostic Evaluations
- Neuropsychological Testing
- Infant and Toddler Evaluations
- Psycho-Educational Testing
- Second Opinion Evaluations
- Functional Analysis
If you want to schedule an appointment or request consultation with Dr. Knapp, please call (330) 629-2955 or go to the Contact US page and send us an email.
All services are directed by Dr. Julie Knapp, Ph.D., BCBA-D, Pediatric Neurosychologist, Board Certified Behavior Analyst-Doctorate (BCBA) and owner of the Center.
THE KNAPP CENTER FOR CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT IS AN AUTISM SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER.